RE: [DMCForum] Restoring interior trim... What to use?

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, timnagin wrote:

> That looks really nice.  Is that a Parrott and Valentine below the binnacle?

Indeed it is.  I first installed a Parrot in my Audi, which took literally
15 minutes because the Audi has ISO connectors on the stereo system, so
all I had to do was plug in the connectors and position the microphone and
display.

I liked it enough in the Audi that I decided it was worth installing in
the DMC, which required tracking down which lead was what in the ISO
connectors and choppng them all off and hardwiring into the Alpine's
wiring.  Took more like an hour on the DMC.

If you look really carefully in the picture that shows the V1 and Parrot
displays, right in between the two displays, above the steering column, is
the microphone for the Parrot.  They suggest installing near the rear view
mirror, but given the low slung seating in the DMC, this position works
very nicely.

-andrew