[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean MPG (Martin G)

Give me three guesses who contacted you off Forum (the first two don't
count). I'm surprised he didn't contact me directly. We once had an
agreement not to correspond anymore, but he's recently decided that is
null & void.

You'd think such a cultured and educated individual would have better
things to do with his time than lurk a DeLorean BBS.

If high school math remains valid, increasing C will always yield a
higher value of Y, all other variables unchanged. You can reduce the
other variables, yielding a lower Y, but Y would be even lower if C
hadn't been increased in the first place.

I understand the purpose of the CPR. And indeed, it does vary the
effect of the air sensor plate on the metering piston. But the bottom
line remains -- adjusting the CO screw changes the height of the
teeter totter with no ability for further variation short of removing
the back window and turning it while moving. If you tighten the CO
screw, fuel metering will *ALWAYS* be richer than if you back it off,
all other variables unchanged.

If you're so careful to avoid ambiguity, why do you consistently
confuse PRV related posts with unrelated engine examples? Whenever PRV
weaknesses or peculiarities are called into question, you start
throwing around examples of engines that post date it by 20 years or
more. The Japanese could perfect an engine tomorrow that runs on green
tea and the bottom line will still be the same: odd fire low
compression 2.8 liter PRVs circa 1980's are ~20 MPG engines.

Urp?

Bill Robertson