Re: [DMCForum] Climate control fan & hot relays

Re: [DMCForum] Climate control fan & hot relays

That's right, I forgot about the upgraded fans. In that case, I believe
replacing the relay, circuit breaker and removing the blue module is
probably enough.

The reason for the Fanzilla and John's 2x2 fix are due to the high current
demands of the original fans. The single relay could fail due to the high
current going through it (both fixes use a relay for each fan). The circuit
breaker could also heat up and cycle the fans on and off like the other did
to your climate fan (both fixes use fuse protection).

As for the fan fail light, it should only stay on when one of the fans
fail. Since you are using a different type of fan, I don't know how the
blue module would be effected. On a stock setup, it's only normal for the
light to briefly flash, not stay on when the fans turn on. If I were you, I
would replace the relay, circuit breaker, and install John's $20 fuse fix
that replaces the blue module (or build one yourself). That should give you
plenty of reliability and safety.

Chris