RE: [DMCForum] Re: Installing a Non-Zilla remote lock system.

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Installing a Non-Zilla remote lock system.

<snip>
>If you have only positive triggers available, you really have only two
>choices here... Either replace the system with one with negative triggers,
>or wire in some relays to convert the positive triggers to negative ones.
>Personally, I'd do the former, because we're not talking about a lot of
>money here, and it'd create a tidier system about which you know more.
<snip>
>-andrew

If everything else is working correctly there is no need to swap out the
entire system to avoid adding relays.  They are very simple to add, and can
be placed most anywhere in the car as long as they are properly fused.
Using relays is not a "work around" when installing an alarm system.

I would, however, verify all of the other connections for the alarm.  If the
person who installed the piece didn't get the locks right, I would wonder
what else was not done properly.  All of this is moot anyway if you want
another system that does more stuff.  I have seen Toby's door launcher in
action and it is indeed very cool.

Greg