Re: [DMCForum] Re: Installing a Non-Zilla remote lock system.

On Sun, 8 May 2005, mydelorean wrote:

> green/orange (Labeled - UNLOCK NC CH2 on the diagram) - doesn't seem
> to produce any voltage pulse when you click the hand held remote.
>
> blue/orange (Labeled - LOCK NC on the diagram) - doesn't seem to
> produce any voltage pulse when you click the hand held remote.

Check continuity to ground on these wires when you push the buttons.  They
may be ground triggers, in which case they're the ones you really want to
use here.

> Any ideas which wires should connect to the lock module?

Based on your description, it is connected in a workable manner, but only
if the keyless module can handle the load of the solenoids, which I really
doubt it can.  These kinds of outputs are usually rated at something like
200 mA, and the solenoids draw several amps each.

If you have only positive triggers available, you really have only two
choices here... Either replace the system with one with negative triggers,
or wire in some relays to convert the positive triggers to negative ones.
Personally, I'd do the former, because we're not talking about a lot of
money here, and it'd create a tidier system about which you know more.

But go check those green/orange and blue/orange wires.  If you find they
short to ground when you hit the buttons, then you can just use those to
tigger the lock module on the brown wires.

-andrew