Re: [DMCForum] Re: Continuing misadventures of a Volvo/B280F PRV

cartermartin wrote:

> That's all true and when I get the valve and timing chain covers off
> I will be able to see the wear indicators and get a better idea what
> condition they are in. Thank G-d for air tools, at least for getting
> the cover off. I don't look forward to having to torque those 25
> bolts though :-{O

You have air tools, use your gun set to lowest or second lowest setting,
you'll have it on in no time.

> I'm seriously considering pulling the engine. Hell i have the hoist.
> Would make access easier. But it's not an emergency excersize now.

Personally I wouldn't because you have much more chance of accidentally
rotating the engine and lifting a liner, and the engine can be a real
sod to mate to the box afterwards.

> My girlfriend thinks we should load the old beast on a ship and bring
> it to England so you can look at it. Maybe find a B280E? LOL

I can get you a 3 litre 12v renault lump for - well the one I just got
on ebay was £67 - the snag is the ECU which is triggered from the
flywheel and they're all autos and use a proprietry trigger. Look on
ebay.co.uk for Citroen XM V6, Renault Laguna V6 and Renault Safrane V6
(rare). Pre-97 in the case of the Laguna.

> Here is a link i found on the dmcnews.com site:
>
> http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/cylinderhead/headremovereplace.html
>
> kind of echos a lot of what you have said.

Well I think it's fair to say I helped write that :-) The picture at the
bottom is one I took

Martin