[DMCForum] Re: Electric powered DeLorean

[DMCForum] Re: Electric powered DeLorean

Robert,

> If water is the answer, then it's not going to fly out
here
> in the arid states. And I can't really see taking it away
from the
> farmers who need it to grow the crops that we must feed
on.

That sounds ridiculous.  They import all their fuels
already.  So why would it be any different to import a
different kind of fuel regardless whether it was made from
sewage, water or whatever else?  I remember seeing someone
on TV say that they limit how much water they drink so that
they can save a glass for future generations.  Okay, fine.
Save your water. ;-)

> No way that GM is suddenly gonna
> drop all their car & truck lines for thar hydrogen
skateboard thing.

GM as well as other auto manufactures are actively
researching hydrogen powered cars as both H2ICE and electric
powered from fuel cells.  They see where things are headed,
and they are preparing for it like smart investors would be
expected to do.

> And the oil companies will not just lay down and die when
it comes to
> the money that they've invested in their companies.

Money they invested?  You mean that they have not recovered
their profits yet?  They process oil as a charitable hobby?
Actually I think that the oil companies might like this
technology.  If feasible then it could be used to make
man-made fossil fuel on demand.  Throw your sewage into the
cooker, zap it up nice, shine it thru a lens that focuses it
into a compressed beam where solids squeeze into new
substances, run it thru another lens that straightens it
back out, relax it, and then your end product is coal
saturated with crude oil and natural gas.  Why should the
oil companies not like that?  Sure, it would make anyone an
oil producer, but still the oil companies in the US are in
the business of importing oil and then refining it.  I'm
only suggesting an alternate method of "importing" oil.  We
make it here on demand.  If we want to use it to make clean
burning fuel then we just remove the bad ingredients before
we convert it.

Walt