[DMCForum] Convicted Horses

I, for one, appreciate the few people who stand firm and loud on their
moral convictions.  Not just in this forum, either.

Whenever any organization holds power, there is a potential for abuse
of that power.  My least favorite example is the government.  I don't
have the time or inclination to be a "watcher" or a "whistle blower"
-- but when there is a branch of the government (federal, state, city,
township, whatever) that is misbehaving, I NEED TO HEAR ABOUT IT, so I
can decide if it's important enough to me to research, and if the
issue is real, contact a legislator and register my thoughts on the
matter, keep it in mind at election time,  or otherwise alter my
behavior.

While I'm not saying that our vendors have as much power as the
government, their actions, inactions, and business practices are still
important to me.   I like to hear when people had good experiences
with part A from vendor B.  I also like to hear when vendor C pisses
off customer D.  And how does vendor C handle the situation, before
and after the issue find its way into the public eye?  Is there undue
influence exercised by a vendor over the forums?  In my mind, that's
like the government practicing censorship (that's a bad thing, by the
way).  Is a vendor using some unfair, deceptive, or even illegal
business practices?

While I don't realistically have much choice or flexibility as to
which governments have jurisdiction over me, I CAN choose which
vendors to patronize.  The outspoken watchers help me vote with my
wallet.

Just because it has been said before, doesn't mean it shouldn't be
said again.  When misbehavior is ongoing or repeating, it needs to be
pointed out again and again... until it stops.  It really isn't
beating a dead horse unless the horse has stopped moving, and as long
as new instances of wrongdoing keep cropping up, the horse is still
moving.  It's kind of sad when people get their feathers ruffled by
someone consistantly pointing out bad behavior, but they're willing to
tolerate or even defend the bad behavior itself.

While this may be a dangerous move, I'm going to go on record here.
Thank you Marc Levy, and everyone else out there who refuses to roll
over and shut up.

click here