[DMCForum] Appeal for a move to a more MODERN FORMAT

[DMCForum] Appeal for a move to a more MODERN FORMAT

I agree with the suggestion of a PHBB forum (what does that stand for?) as they seem to me to be a much more organized type of discussion.  Then with the creation of a gossip or "deap matters" area, it would be possible to discuss these pressing matters of religion that people seek the council of similar individuals on.  (BTW, the taboo on religon or politics anywhere impedes the use of logic, if people feel stronly enough about either to want to post about such, one can assume they are looking for feedback and not "Eww, thats an uncomfortable topic")

Anyway, I am 17 yrs old and as a member, sadly enough, ot the MTV generation ( i prefer DotCom generation, however, as I dont watch MTV) I think that any forum that wishes to be effiecient shoould organize itself as an individual website, and not an email list.  Before my joining of this forum, i had never thought of a widespread use of email as a way to discuss.  I think it is much more useful to have a forum with individual topics, and individual discussions.  Therefore, I humbly suggest the following site that I discovered as I crudely hunted for a "DeLorean forum" as i typed into google.

www.deloreans.org

The site appears to be well designed but lacks a broad enough member base to allow for much useful discussion.  For a definiton of "useful discussion" I submit another forum to which i belong, mazda626.net where there is such a poliferation of discussion you can actually read any of the sub-forums and learn.  It is, as opposed to the random, disjointed, question and answer of this forum (no insult intended, but as a frame of reference), a well organized and almost "professional" setup.

As an addition, the regional clubs could have a page an anyone who moved to a new area could find a regional club (i have searched for many of such regional clubs, but have found the serch difficult as there is not really a running trend in URL name (some use DMC, others delorean, others i dont know, but the possible combination of region names makes the search daunting)

DISCLAIMER!!!!
       I am not in anyway associated with this website (www.deloreans.org) other than being a member.  I do not recieve money or other recompence for "advertising," but i would like to see alittle consolidaton in the delorean community.  It is not a huge one, so the need to have all the little tid-bits of information in one place seems to be obvious to me.  I have the sincerest hope that many people will join this site or one like it (if one exists, please either email me privately or post the url so that i and others may enjoy the benefit) and start to use this more modern and user-friendly form of group discussion.

Any insult taken from this message is not intended for desired.  I am young, cannot afford a delorean, but wish to have a place where I can, on a whim, browse and enjoy the myriad of delorean-related (and unrelated :)) discussion.

Otherwise, my suggestion of how the forum should look is if it were made
into a PHBB forum, these are the best and let you integrate html into your
messages, also the use of video, audio and images.
You can see one of these forums like mine at
http://www.bttfstuff.com
These also help keep the riff raff in control as it tracks IP addresses and
who has
posted what and when, it is a great system with a lot of control.
It also lets you re-edit your message later if you need to.

Another possibility for a great forum is a group on http://www.myspace.com
These are really neat too.

Just a few suggestions.
- Videobob

>From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DMCForum] Re: W hat the FUCK-AMUNDO???????
>Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:27:56 -0000
>

>So far I've enjoyed the new format.  Atleast now I can get a snipit
>of text showing if anything meaningful is being said....ahemm
>religous posts?....lol...I also thought I'd add a bit of the Fonz
>into it as well.
>
>Just my 2 cents,
>
>Brandon
>Vin 3323
>Denver CO
>
>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> > For all of you whiners, here is a feedback form for the Yahoo
>groups.
> >
> > http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_alpha
> >
> > Mark V
> >

> > On Mar 26, 2005, at 10:15 AM, timnagin wrote:
> >

> > > I sent an email to Yahoo asking about this but haven't received
> > > anything
> > > back yet.  The DML is the same way now.  If anyone wants to email
> > > Yahoo and
> > > complain, the link is at the top of the DMCForum Yahoo main page.
> > >
> > > Greg

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT