Re: [DMCForum] Re: Religion on the Forum

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Religion on the Forum

But if you were to come on here an preach about how
your entire life is based on #5939, we would probably
discount you as being some obsessed cuckoo...

Others (outsiders) may think you are typical of the
DeLorean norm.

It is easier for an outsider to evaluate a religion,
because there are well documented "norms" that members
of the religion subscribe to.

After learning about some of the religions of the
world, basing your entire existence on #5939 seems
like a more reasonable choice.  At least logic can
prove that it exists.

But I ask, what makes it any more silly than any
other religion?  Sure, maybe it does not have the
history of some of the other world religions but
modern religions have been good at destroying a large
number of ancient religions that were on this earth
long before 2000 years ago.  It boggles the mind how
much history, science, and art were destroyed by
"mainstream religions" trying to "spread the word".

The Mayan calender ends on December 21st, 2012.  WHY??
We will never know, because they were all killed.

Why and how were the pyramids built?  We will never
know, because all of the Egyptian scholars were
murdered.

We can find hundreds of examples of this.

As a species (humans), we are dumber today because of
religion.