[DMCForum] Re: Religion on the Forum

Oh no, don't get me wrong. But we do need religions to keep people in
line, who would otherwise not be able control themselves properly.
After all, look at people who come from poor, violent enviornments.
Your good majority of them will grow up to be criminals, because
that's their only option. And the sad thing is, that even after they
finally realize the difference between right and wrong, they still do
not change their ways. But, let them find religion, and they most time
will become totally different people. People who are now given a
self-restraint that they otherwise would not have had.

Now, getting back to to the ill acts that religions commit. I don't
judge the actions of a few individuals upon the legions of others who
worship under the same rules. After all, there's always goiong to be
those who take their religion too seriously, and may hurt themselves
in the process. Be it handling snakes, or extreme pacifisim, and not
simply defending one's self.

However, when it comes to controling the masses, we must not let
certain people come into power. We have to monitor, and strike down
those who would lead others into chaos, based upon their own personal
agendas. If not we end up with extremes of old people eating dog food
so that they can send in their pensions to PTL, to violent people
flying airplanes into building and detonating car bombs. These are the
people whom we must stop from coming into power, and eradicate those
who are.

Now for the big $64K question: Why. Are these people really killing
for the glory of God? Allah? Jehova? Or some other diety? No, because
it has nothing to do with religion. These are people who corrupt
fellowship and break it down into gangs. The jihads of the middle east
have nothing to do with religion. It's all about a power struggle.
Farmers grow poppy flowers to produce herion, and then traffic it out.
The same with pirated media, phony rolexes, imitation pharmaceuticals,
the list goes on and on. The governments of the world claim that
profits generated from these sales are used to fuel terrorist
activities. And yeah, while a certain amout of cash here is slated for
terrorist activites, far more is funneled off to leaders of these
organizations. After all, suicide bombers can be had for wholesale
prices, if not for free when you've got them brainwashed.

Same thing up in Norther Ireland. The people there want peace. But
many of the militant factions on both the Catholic and Protestant
continue to fight. Many years ago, both sides turned to drug sales as
a way to generate cash. Since then, the public wants these people out.
But the paramilitary groups continue their wars. And just like other
terrorist groups, they use their religious beliefs as justification to
continue their actions. When in reality, the sole purpose is nothing
more than a drug war, with fighting over turf, wich is nothing more
than distribution rights. These people don't give a shit about anyone,
let alone their "causes". Their goals are to continue that cash flow
at any means possible.

For fun, read up on the "Gangster Disciples" of Chicago, and compare
them to the Jihad factions and cells of the middle east. See the scary
parallel.

In America, our religious leaders are a bit different. They try to use
fear and character asassination, because physical violence would not
be tolerated here. But the results, and the reasons why are always the
same. They fight over power and money. Because the more people that
you control, the more people you can shake down for money. Of course
these fools are always proven wrong. Oral Roberts never died, and Pat
Robertson never became president. But still, they influence others in
power play attempts to scare others into thinking that they are the
only ones who can deliver them from the dangers of threats that they
themselves have created. And thus the stuggle for more money and power
continues. I see no difference between Jeryy Falwell, and Larry
Hoover. They simply choose different resources and mediums to fight
for the same money and power.

So don't discredit religions as being the problems of society. They do
after all serve a very good purpose. It is the corrupt leaders who
choose to negatively influence the masses, in order to achieve their
own goals, that are the true problem. Those are the ones whom we need
to fight, and shut down. Not the followers who in many cases do not
know any better.

Now, can we set these people free? No, probably not. Religion is such
a volitile subject, because people cannot handle being wrong. Hell,
look at Tecumseh. He tried long and hard to both unite people, and
kill allot of the foolish superstitions. Such as the "Red Sticks". So
when you challenge someone in a conversation, it can be pretty hard to
admit that they're wrong about something. Now try and point out the
shortcomings and inconsistancies of the beliefs that someone has based
their entire life upon... People who are, and would otherwise have
remained good friends are suddenly bitter enemies. Especially if these
beliefs dictate that those whom you disagree with, are to become your
enemies.

Which is a big reason why we avoid bringing up religion and politics
here on the list.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx> wrote:

> Interestingly, self control over instinct is the basis for much of the
> Deuteronomaic Law (such as Kosher food and Sabbath work restrictions).
> These are not seen as privations, but rather as joyous celebrations of
> what makes their adherents truly human.
>
> And Christians promptly stopped following most of them...
>
> I've got to finish a paper before class tonight so I can't stay long.
> Oh well. But one last thought:
>
> Organized religions, as practiced, are human constructs. As such, is
> it surprising that their followers sometimes get pointed in the wrong
> direction,  sometimes even on purpose? But just as the whole of
> American democracy shouldn't be discounted on the basis of Jim Crow or
> women's dissuffrage, the entirety of Christianity should not be judged
> by actions of some individuals or even whole denominations.
>
> Just imagine if the value and purpose of DeLorean ownership depended
> on what I do with #5939 in particular. There would be no hope for the
> marque.
>
> Bill Robertson

click here