  From: Brian [mailto:TK581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 12:43 PM
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [DMCForum] Re: anyone have an extra fuel pump??

  Thanks,

  I'm using John H's filter and pump as well.  The pump was new when
  purchased.I found nothing wrong with the filter when I changed it
  again except that it was brown - which as we know is normal.  SO
  perhaps general bad luck was at work.

  So I take it that fuel pumps ARE rebuildable and that I could
  probably get a decent core return because my core is brand new save
  the shell?

  As to being an idiot and poor - I'm only implying that my wealth is
  not at a point where I end up buying 10 of the same item and be
  happy about it!
  Sounds pretty reasonable I think.

  thanks for listening :)

  --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:

  > You will always get dirt in your tank. The fuel station tanks are
  > full of it. Especially if you get fuel when the station's tank is
  > low. (You never know when that is, of course)
  >
  > All you can do is clean, clean, clean. Change the filter regularly
  > and pray (or not).
  >
  > Bye the bye, I purchased a few new pickup screens from John H.
  They
  > always turned brown pretty quick. I always thought they were
  sucking
  > up massive amounts of dirt. It turns out that that's how they
  react
  > to the fuel and it's nothing to worry about. Just FYI.
  >
  > Rich A.
  >
  > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
  > wrote:
  > >
  > > I wasn't taking you for an idiot. Just it IS frustrating how
  after
  > > you clean the tank with a fury, dirt still appears. I have still
  > had
  > > to replace my pick up screen after a few months because some
  > > residual dirt appeared from somewhere.
  > >
  > > The vendor comment is only because a vendor can't warranty a
  pump
  > > that failed because of dirt, only one that fails under normal
  use.

  > > Now I scrub & dry ALL compnents of the tank. Watch out for any
  > > lingering dirt or contaminents in the fuel lines that may
  already
  > be
  > > past the pick up screen.
  > >
  > >
  > > John Hervey has rebuilt pumps for $50 I believe.
  > >
  > >
  > >
  > > Joe OBrien
  > >
  > >
  > > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian" <TK581@xxxx> wrote:
  > > >
  > > > Just to clarify - I DID do a white glove treatment before
  > > installing
  > > > the new components, including new filter and new pump and
  > hoses.
  > > > just want to make sure that I wasn't taken as some stupid
  idiot
  > > who
  > > > just throws crap together.  I'm sure others can relate to the
  > > > frustration of purchasing an item and it getting screwed up.
  > > >
  > > > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien"
  > <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>

  > > parts

  > > > Drain