[DMCForum] Re: Car show question

> My brother-in-law tried to tell me that the doors take three feet to
> open. I asked him why he said that and told me to look at them
> sometime. I drew a very rough door and explained why they only take
> up 12" but again it didn't work.

Josh, tell your brother-in-law to watch BTTF 2.  During the scene when
Marty and Doc go back to 1955 again, they land the time machine behind
a billboard.  Watch as Marty opens the passanger door and see for
yourself how close the car is parked to the billboard.  It's only
inches away and it opens no problem.  And no, the car door wasn't
modified to do this for the film.

I do this exact thing every time I get in/out of my D in my tight garage.

Johnny
5518