[DMCForum] Re: Car show question

The big myths around where I live are:
1) only six were made  - duh, there's a little more than six.
2) the doors take up three feet to open.  - HA don't make me laugh
3) they cost over $100k  - Only Tony
4) you have to go to the junkyard to find parts.  - There are no
DeLoreans in any junkyard in the state of Arkansas, I've tried but no
luck.

I got into a huge argument with a kid that tried to tell me that
only six were made. I even took him one of the cards from DMCH with
the facts and he said that it was a lie, so I just gave up. My
brother-in-law tried to tell me that the doors take three feet to
open. I asked him why he said that and told me to look at them
sometime. I drew a very rough door and explained why they only take
up 12" but again it didn't work.
  Nearly everyone thinks that they know everything about DeLoreans,
even little kids.  I did find a lady that was a salesrep for one of
the Arkansas DMC dealers. She was interesting to talk too. She got on
board after DMC went under so the dealer didn't care about the
customer. They rejected one customer, who had the cash in hand, over
greed. It's intersting to listen older people's stories abou the
DeLorean.
   My dad gets all the credit for getting me into DeLoreans. He told
me that when he was a stock broker there was a D for sale on his way
to work. Sadly he did not buy it because he dosn't like the D. It's
not white and he believed in all the myths. I'm trying to clear up
the car and my hero, JZD, in the state of Arknasas. I have pretty
much all the other guys in my high school interested in them. They
all ask me endless questions about them, when I am getting one and,
if I am going to take them for a ride etc. My favorite convert is my
mom she wants one now, but two grandkids are hard to fit in the
passenger seat with their car seats. I told her that she can have
mine when the grand kids are out of car seats. By then I plan on
having another. We are expecting at least four more that haven't
begun yet. TMI

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Farrar \"Doc\" Hudkins"