Re: [DMCForum] Re: Privacy on the internet.

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Privacy on the internet.

I have yet to see a database that will pinpoint a
physical location to a IP address..  The web site Adam
sent over said I was in Freehold, which is a few miles
away.

The only way I know how to do it, is with a court
order from a judge telling the ISP where the device is
on their network.  Even then, with shared access like
a cable modem you will only be able to narrow it to a
portion of the network, still wont know exactly what
house.  (Of course, the ISP knows where to send my
bill, but I can take my cable modem to any neighbors
house and still be online... with the same IP
address).

--- Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

> I don't personally see this as an invasion of
> privacy, but I see it in
> the same vein as most things a lot of people
> consider such.  What it all
> means is that every email (and web request, and
> every connection you
> make through TCP to the outside world) is signed
> with an encoded version
> of your house address (decodable via TerraServer or
> whatever and a
> physical exploration of the area).
>
> Regards,
> Jon Heese