Re: [DMCForum] Re: Privacy on the internet.

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Privacy on the internet.

I don't think his point was that the picture itself was an invasion of
privacy, but rather that the picture (if it did, in fact show your
house) would make it easy for someone who only had your IP address to
find your house, i.e. drive there following a course they plot against
the satellite photo.

I don't personally see this as an invasion of privacy, but I see it in
the same vein as most things a lot of people consider such.  What it all
means is that every email (and web request, and every connection you
make through TCP to the outside world) is signed with an encoded version
of your house address (decodable via TerraServer or whatever and a
physical exploration of the area).

Regards,
Jon Heese