[DMCForum] Re: a real car nut...

Truth be told, that person's relationship was doomed anyways. The DeLorean only became
a scapegoat here. That's like blaming heavy metal music for kids who attempt, and
sometimes successfully commit suicide. The music didn't do a dame thing. There was
some serious underlying problems there that needed to be addressed that were the real
source of problems.

Same thing with the car "financially ruining" him. That is some straight up BS. I chose to
make a basket case my car, and have had to slowly repair it over the years, while I've also
done my damnedest im some cases just to keep it on the road. After all, it was my daily
driver for almost 4 years. And I've survived in the past on average wages as I've moved up.
Don't blame the car on someone who isn't intelligent enough to balance a checkbook,
and/or prioritize their bills. If it wasn't the DeLorean, something else, some other material
object simply would have come allong to fill that vacuum of stupidity you friend has
created.

Then again, maybe I'm just predjudiced. A week before my uncle died, he warned me to
never sell my car, just to prove my love to a woman. While he loved his kids, and
grandkids dearly, his marriage was a regret to him. And it all started when he sold his
brand new '67 Mustang fastback, just to prove to his then girlfriend/future wife that he
loved her more than an inanimate object. Me? I don't want a woman who only puts up with
my passion for cars. I want a woman who has her own set of tools! :)

In the end, don't compare yourself to someone else, whom you have no control over.

-Robert

<SNIP>