[DMCForum] Re: Smoking..

Hey, we can't always see eye-to-eye on everything. And that's cool. All I'm saying is to just
let people who want to smoke be.

I sounds like you might have either a chemical or psychological sensitivity to cigarette
smoke. Which is fine, allot of people do. After growing up with two parents who smoke,
and having to spend allot of time with coworkers who smoke as well on their cigarette
breaks to maintain employee communications, it just doesn't phase me allot. Of course
I've also drivin around in the desert heat with no A/C, and a leaky fuel pump boot & cap
that sucked gas fumes into the car. But I'm feeling much better now. :)

I think that allot of people don't smoke in their DeLoreans, because it's a sign of respect
for the car. Not just because it's a DeLorean, but because it's a rare classic. Lots of
smokers out there own rare & collectable cars, but don't smoke inside because of this
same fact. However, according to my DeLorean mechanic, they had one guy who'd bring
his D into the dealership when it needed oil changes, and a bit of work here and there.
And he smoked a pipe in the car. Roger (my mechanic) said that it was the nastiest thing
ever, nicotine stains, and ashes everywhere. Headlinders, seats, carpet, you name it. Plus,
it was a bitch to clean the tar off the glass.

All in all, I really like the fact that durring this entire debate here, everyone has been cool
about stating points, and counter-points, and have been way beyond courteous. Most of
the conversations that I've had with others on the DML have gone off-list into e-mails, and
have been pretty nasty.

One more thing, but certainly not in reference specificly to this topic here. Never say
never, Flavia. Things in life, including our perspectives are always going to change before
we even realize it..

-Robert