Re: [DMCForum] Re: Wow, good thing I *STILL* have not purchased BTTF on

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Wow, good thing I *STILL* have not purchased BTTF on DVD.

--- Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what is the story
> with the newer style dvd's that studios are planning
> on releasing
> sometime next year? And are the rumors that they
> won't play on
> current dvd players also true?

I've heard nothing of this, but I'm not sure that I
want to, since I've been annoyed since the very
beginning at region-encoding. It was hard enough years
ago trying to get my grubby little protruberances on
"Doctor Who" VHS tapes since most were in PAL format.
Then when DVD came out I thought "Ah ha! All digital!
They'll work anywhere!" But nope, I must pay extra for
"region-free" players, and always check the disc to
see where it's "meant" to be played. (Or hack my
DVD-ROM drive in my Frankenbox.)

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Farrar