[DMCForum] Re: Wow, good thing I *STILL* have not purchased BTTF on DVD.

[DMCForum] Re: Wow, good thing I *STILL* have not purchased BTTF on DVD.

Don't sweat the region encoding, any PC with a DVD Burner can
re-encode a dvd to be region free easily, and make nice backups of
rentals as well.

The REALLY simply prgrams to use are DVDShrink and then use DVD
Region+CSS Free for any that are encrypted.

DVDShrink simply allows you to burn it with no region.

Many other ways to burn DVD's but this is the absolute no brainer
approach to it. DVDShrink is a great free program, and the CSS free
program can be "modified" to be free very easily.

I was just peeved that the studious would attempt to release a new
format after millions & millions already had complete collections and
thousands invested in equipment & discs alone.

Then to make people dump it like BETAmax and switch formats?? Talk
about screwing the consumer, for thse reasons it doesn't pay to "buy"
dvd's anymore.

Joe

> I've heard nothing of this, but I'm not sure that I
> want to, since I've been annoyed since the very
> beginning at region-encoding. It was hard enough years
> ago trying to get my grubby little protruberances on
> "Doctor Who" VHS tapes since most were in PAL format.
> Then when DVD came out I thought "Ah ha! All digital!
> They'll work anywhere!" But nope, I must pay extra for
> "region-free" players, and always check the disc to
> see where it's "meant" to be played. (Or hack my
> DVD-ROM drive in my Frankenbox.)
>
> Grrrrrrrrrr.
>
> Farrar

click here