Re: [DMCForum] Re: Going keyless (push-button start) - Ryan...

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Going keyless (push-button start) - Ryan...

If you have a factory wire diagram and understand what you are looking
at you will see that you really don't need another relay, even for a
remote starter.  All you need to do is tap the WR wire running from the
switch to the start relay already in the car.

Why would you want to pull the ignition switch?  If you replace it with
a multi position switch off/acc/on/start besides the mess of trying to
make it fit and work you loose the ability to lock the steering column.
And don't tell me that your alarm will protect your car.  I have yet to
find an after market system that disables a car so that I can't get it
started in less than a min or two.

Anyway take a look at digikey.com they have almost any electrical
component you could possibly want.

Andrei