[DMCForum] Re: Tom's DMC (photo section)

[DMCForum] Re: Tom's DMC (photo section)

---"Joe OBrien"> didn't know the owner of that car was on this list.

Alas, my frustration with Yahoo.  Its not a Web community, it is
email.  I've actually been on here since 1998 (or was that
DMCNews?).  I wish the DMC owners could transition to an on-line
community like www.ls1.com/forums/ where you visually start to
recognize members by their avatars & signatures (instead of
truncated emails & monotone courier font).  But I digress - a few
communities were started but people seem to like their Yahoo.

---"Joe OBrien"> didn't this come that way? I remember this car on
eBay

To tell the truth, the car was actually a street racer, and the fact
that it probably infuriates Ed Bernstien to see it makes me sleep
better at night.
It isn't fast relative to a 2001 Trans Am, but nonetheless it is
faster than your average non-turbo DMC.  Doubters can challenge me
at Orlando Speed World.  Do I delude myself to think its the
best/fastest thing out there like some rotary God?  Of course not.

---"Joe OBrien"> Seriously, does the car still look like this, and
what have you done to it since?

The car looks the same, except the hood is now stainless (to mock
carbon fiber hoods - ha!).  The deal with the side windows is that
they were modified for easy removal.  The car is 100X more fun
without the cocoon feel. I plan on keeping it that way & keep the
car painted, although I'm tempted to remove most paint and highly
polish it like the DMC we all saw at Pigeon Forge.  That thing was
beautiful!

Tom
Bolt of Lightning #6921

click here