Re: [DMCForum] Re: bidding on eBay...

Yeah Ryan, but what gripes me is when I'm bidding on a high
ticket item (like a car) and someone with a zero rating on a
new account starts running prices up probably just for
entertainment.  The sniper bid services seem to convert
progressive bidding into a sealed bid auction.  This is the
way all the military surplus auctions work.  You write on a
piece of paper what you are willing to pay.  Then the
auctioneers look them all over, pick out the highest one and
declare that the winner.  They never say what the next
highest bid was.  It seems they could make a lot more money
doing it the other way, but then the military isn't about
making money.  It's about spending it.

Auto dealer wholesale auctions use progressive bidding, but
they will kick you out in a heart beat if they see you
signaling to other bidders.  The deal of, "I wont bid
against you if you dont bid against me" isn't very popular
there.  They will bring an auction to a halt and then
lecture for 3 minutes while they threaten to throw bidders
out.

Walt

click here