[DMCForum] Re: bidding on eBay...

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> How is this any better than just bidding on Ebay?  It
> is not like if you bid $300 the price jumps to $300!
> Proxy bid on Ebay is fine.

It's better for many reasons.

1. I can change my mind at any time. If you change your mind after
placing an actual bid, it's very disruptive to the seller and the
other bidders to pull out.

2. I can use bid groups to automatically bid on x number of items. Say
there are 20 widgets ending 5 minutes apart and I want 4 of them. I
place AuctionSniper bids on all 20 of them, then instruct it to stop
bidding after 4 items have been won. At any given time there are
dozens of auctions for the same item, and bid groups all but ensure I
will get one of them at the price of my choosing. I use these almost
every time I buy.

3. I always get the best price possible. MOST users don't play the
eBay game properly. They'll keep placing bids each time they're
outbid. If I place a $100 bid on an item a few days before it ends, an
earlier bidder often comes along and says, "Hey, he beat my $90 bid.
Well, I suppose I could pay $101 for it. That's only $11 more than I
wanted." And then we're in a bid race and one of us ends up paying a
lot more for the item than we planned. Sniping it eliminates this.
Users who would have paid more for the item than I, but don't play the
game right, lose.

-Ryan

click here