[DMCForum] Re: bidding on eBay...

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lauren" <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:

> Actually so do I.  Since I sell on EBAY I always have EBAY open, so
> it's easy enough for me to watch and snipe.  I don't use a service -
> I'm just always there.

That's how I used to be. But now I'm always getting called away to
meetings and whatnot. I used to bring my laptop, but it's hard to
actually participate in a meeting while hitting refresh over and over
again, determining whether the high bid you placed should have been
higher, end up bidding higher than you wanted to, and then being
discrete about it while holding an in-depth technical conversation
about latency problems in high speed interconnects.

It just doesn't work.

> Y'know.... several losers of my auctions have whined to me about
> AuctionSnipe (I think that's what it's called) - like it's within my
> control.  I think its a dandy way to go.  You set your price and don't
> have to worry.  As I said, EBAY is a big game.

AuctionSniper - Yep, that's the one I use. I love it. I don't bid any
other way and I don't feel bad about it, either. If my bid comes in 10
seconds before the auction closes and you lose, you should have placed
a higher bid to begin with. I mean, if you're willing to spend $250 on
an item, place a $250 bid. Don't place a $200 bid and then get pissed
when I get it for $205 at the last second, or whine because it's
"cheating" .. The person willing to spend the most money wins. Someone
placing a bid for less than they're willing to spend is their stupid
problem, not mine.

The way to win at eBay is to determine what you're willing to spend,
place one bid and walk away. Place the bid there or place it on a
sniping service, doesn't matter. If it goes for more than you were
willing to spend, you didn't want it at that price anyway. If it goes
for less, you get the item. Either way, you win.

-Ryan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada