Re: [DMCForum] Re: Nitrous Injection

Nope no flames, but if a piece of shrapnel hit the gas tank it could
have cause the car to go up in a big ball of fire.  I was just trying to
start a Bill/Jim style argument over your comment about the movie
explosion.  It would at least be semi-educational compared to the
discussions that have been going on...

Andrei

Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd wrote:

>Ah but that wasn't because the thing was flammable, nor did it explode
>with a flame. You could do the same thing with a SCUBA tank (air)
>
>Martin
>
>Andrei Cular wrote:
>

>>Martin
>>
>>I have seen the results of n2o bottles exploding, it was not due to a
>>flame or spark but a dumbass.  This guy thought he could get more power
>>if he increased the pressure to the injector.  So he added a bottle
>>heater that was a bit too hot, and would cause the burst disk to blow.
>>After a couple wasted tanks he doubled or tripled the number of burst
>>disks.  Well it worked the disk didn't blow, but when the tank went to
>>took most of the eclipse and the windows of his girlfriends mustang
>>with it.
>>
>>Andrei
>>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

click here