RE: [DMCForum] My only political comment

RE: [DMCForum] My only political comment

I wouldn't say the majority, as that is a sweeping statement, but I will say
that a greater percentage of the people I run into day-to-day are like this.
No, I am not trying to be politically correct; I just haven't met a majority
of the US population.

>The church is a more powerful influence than
>Hollywood.

I will completely disagree with that statement.  I remember reading
somewhere that opinions of us, US citizens, from people in third-world
countries was based most entirely on the movies we crank out, and a big
reason why they want to come here.  My sister wore out the tape of Pretty
Woman when it came out and I remember reading young women were hanging out
on that corner trying to be picked up like in the movie.  I think Hollywood
has the upper hand there.

>Reading all of the recent articles about exit polls
>and such, it is clear the majority of Bush voters
>based their decision on MORAL issues.  And, this
>scares the crap out of me to the point that I keep my
>passport in a easy to get to place.

Do you seriously think any other country is better than the US?  No offense
intended toward people on this list who are not American, but why do people
continue to flock here then, Marc?  I have seen so many people from other
nations come here, start their own business and become successful very quick
and look at them and wonder why I haven't got as far as they have, and I was
born here.  No, I am not referring to any of the minority incentives or
anything like that; they worked for what they wanted and dealt with
situations.  Moving to another, strange country to begin with was a huge
step, but they didn't sit around bitching about stuff and just did it.

I will bet you $1.00 that if you move to another country that you will
return in less than one year.  On the other hand, you could try to make a
difference where you are and do something constructive, maybe even something
more than just casting a vote.

Greg

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to