RE: [DMCForum] My only political comment

RE: [DMCForum] My only political comment

> Do you seriously think any other country is better
> than the US?  No offense

Right now, no..  the USA is still probably the best
place to live, TODAY..  But the day the right wing
religious whackos start rounding up all of
non-Christians to either convert of kill them I will
grab my passport and be out of here pretty fast.

> intended toward people on this list who are not
> American, but why do people
> continue to flock here then, Marc?  I have seen so
> many people from other
> nations come here, start their own business and
> become successful very quick
> and look at them and wonder why I haven't got as far
> as they have, and I was

They flock to other places too.  Do you know about
immigration to other countries?  Any numbers we can
compare?

> born here.  No, I am not referring to any of the
> minority incentives or
> anything like that; they worked for what they wanted
> and dealt with
> situations.  Moving to another, strange country to
> begin with was a huge
> step, but they didn't sit around bitching about
> stuff and just did it.

Yup, there is a lot more opportunity to achieve a
better quality of life in the USA than some other
countries.  But as places like India and China become
more industrialized like the USA, and we become more
of a religious-run country like so many of the places
these immigrants come from, the direction of travel
will change.

> I will bet you $1.00 that if you move to another
> country that you will
> return in less than one year.  On the other hand,
> you could try to make a
> difference where you are and do something
> constructive, maybe even something
> more than just casting a vote.

I do more than vote, aren't I discussing my opinions
with you?  Sorry I don't have the means to make a
Hollywood movie about it.  LOL

What do you suggest I do to make a difference?
Clearly, I am in the minority.  Majority rules, right?
I say, Money rules.

As someone once said to me, "This is a Christian
country, and we are tolerant enough to let you live
here."  Sadly, I find a majority of people who think
this way.

Meanwhile, the first European to set foot on North
America was JEWISH.