[DMCForum] Re: Abortion.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> NO, I don't support partial birth.. and I would be an
> advocate to limit abortion to the first three months
> of a pregnancy..  The problem is that historically if
> you get the ball rolling in a specific direction, the
> momentum will take it to too far.

First, that is another slippery slope fallacy, and you should not base
decisions on fallacies.

Second, what you're saying is you are so scared of losing abortion
alltogether that you're willing to allow the blatent slaughtering of
near-term babies? So afraid of not being able to abort a 1 month old
pregnancy that you'd allow the murder of infants capable of surviving
outside the womb?

> Bush makes no secret that he is Anti ALL abortion.
> Anyone who is Pro-Choice would be afraid to give an
> inch on the matter for fear that it will go too far.

Wow - the same could be said for the other side. Only, the
pro-abortion side means viable, healthy children can be murdered based
on a legal technicality that doesn't consider them people if even a
small part of their body hasn't exited the birth canal. On the
anti-abortion side, the most you have to lose is a "right" some women
think they are entitled to. These are the extreme left & right
positions on the issue, and right now we're living the extreme left
which I don't like one bit.

> I am no expert on abortion..  Do you have statistics
> on how common "Partial birth" abortions are?

Nope. Quite frankly I don't care if they're never performed. The fact
that it's legal is enough to make me very, very angry.

-Ryan

click here