[DMCForum] attn: Walt [judgement/spiritualism]

Walter Coe wrote:
> Cool.  But still you do that because you have faith in
> yourself.  Do you have enough faith in yourself that you
> will be prepared for what happens when your current life is
> over?

Walt,

This is going to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm just telling you how I
feel.

Actually, I do have enough faith. After a long "journey of faith" (for
lack of a better term) and a period of reflection and introspection
(alcohol is good for introspection, you know), I've decided that I have
to the best of my ability lived a good life. I have never acted out of
malice or vengeance (thought about it, yes, but stopped myself because
it would hurt someone else). Whenever I have hurt someone it has been
accidental, and I have always apologised for it. I have always accepted
apologies from others, and am willing to give those who have wronged me
another chance. Anyone in my past who has wronged me could show up at my
door and I would receive them as an equal.

I believe that it is all right to do what makes me happy as long as it
doesn't hurt anyone else. My life could end at any moment and I would
say that even though perhaps I had not achieved some goals, it was a
good one, and no one could prove on solid ground that I am a bad person.

I have learned to find happiness in life with far less than other people
have. And although I have goals, they're not goals that I need to be
happy -- they're just things that I'd like to do, to see if I can do them.

Strange to have that sort of spiritual fulfillment at my early age, but
somehow it has happened. It's ironic, really -- before I left the church
I always wanted to be a holy man. And recently a friend of mine said
"You'd make a very good minister." I answered that I am not a member of
a church but I have my own personal beliefs arrived at after a long time
of inner and outer searching, but if I had a choice, though, it would be
minister of music. It's my greatest talent, and though I have few
others, why ask for more?

So, yes... I can face judgment at any time. I am ready.

Although I'd rather finish this chicken sandwich first, before it gets
cold. I hate to see a good bird go to waste. ;)

--Farrar

click here