Re: [DMCForum] Re: Calude is back!

> Cogito ergo sum I think, therefore I am. Rene' Descartes,
16th
century French mathmatician and philosopher.

Oh yeah, you're right John.  It's been 20 years since I had
philosophy in college.  I made an F the first time I took
it.  Then I took it again with a better teacher and made an
easy A.  Good teachers make all the difference.  (Yeah Walt,
blame it on the teacher.)

> That one will set your mind spinning IF you let it.

You mean that it is possible for my mind not to spin?  I
wonder what that is like? :-)

> "If God exists,
AND is omnipotent, then why does He allow evil to exist?"

Actually, the answer to this one is easy.  All that God
created, He made perfect.  Evil is the creation of the
devil.  But God so loves His creation that He wont just wipe
us out and start over.  Instead He gives us an opportunity
to be redeemed.  Then He will wipe out what is not redeemed.

Somehow I think we can be "more perfect" given that we
started off in a wretched fallen state.  As with technical
things, I feel most satisfied with a fine adjustment to a
machine when I can demonstrate what happens when it is not
adjusted properly.  I like to see the consequences of what
every adjustment will do in every possible configuration.
That parallels our existence quite well.  Just about
everything in my life is "not properly adjusted."  So not
only can we be eventually made perfect, but we will also
have the experience of what it was like to be "out of
adjustment" i.e., a sinner in every sense of the word.

> Have fun, and don't fry your brain!!!!!

Okay.  So then tell me, how do I unfry something that is
already crispy?

Walt

click here