[DMCForum] (ATTN: Martin G) Repair Advice Already Ceded...

[DMCForum] (ATTN: Martin G) Repair Advice Already Ceded...

I've already ceded repair advice to your eminence, so what's the
controversy?

Re-read the messages in question:

(Message #16324 was actually new thread, but Yahoo for some reason
links it to the one terminating in Message #16311. Just as well -- you
may recall I was embroiled in The Great Tuna Fish Tank Baffle
Controversy at that time. Many people were inordinately concerned
about engineering I was doing on a car registered in my own name, even
though the design was really John Hervey's -- I merely improved upon it.)

In defense of such engineering, I recited a rather long list of other
common problem areas that owners correct all the time. You replied to
each one by one, generally implying that they were in fact not problem
areas ("There's nothing really wrong with the design per se",
"everything else is perfectly okay. It can be improved, but there's
nothing wrong with it", "Common to cars of the era", "A lot of cars do
this", "A lot of cars have this"). Did I misunderstand your reply?

Not sure what the Bible has to do with all this, or was that just a
slight intended to offend religious sensibilities? (It Didn't).

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> content22207 wrote:
>
> As a religious man, you will be aware of the various arguments
> surrounding interpretations of the bible. If you read someone saying
> "The glass is half empty" you immediately conclude, and quote them as
> saying; "the glass is half full of water". You really do see what you
> want to see in our messages, and every time you do it,. you make
> yourself look a pratt.
>
> BTW I'm happy to admit that I've never worked out Yahoo's search engine
> to be able to easily search through old messages, so all your
quoting of
> message numbers is really little help
>
> Martin

click here