[DMCForum] Do Fuel Accumulators just Die overnight?? I'm confused here..

[DMCForum] Do Fuel Accumulators just Die overnight?? I'm confused here..

Jamie:

You may try replacing the RPM Relay.  Our car had a bad one that
didn't prime the fuel system when the key was turned to  " run "
just before  " start ".  It only happened when it was warm.  Cold,
everything worked fine.  You should hear the pump run for 1.5 to 2
seconds pre-priming the system.  A  weak  transister, diode,
resister or etc. inside the RPM Relay might not provide a strong
enough signal to its' internal relay once it gets hot, therefore, it
will not send voltage to the fuel pump relay, thus, no fuel
pressure .  Once the RPM relay latches in, it will hold (inrush VA
is much higher than sealed VA), therefore not affecting the pumps
ability to deliver fuel, acceleration, etc. once the car is finally
started.  I now carry a spare one in the trunk, they don't cost
much.  This problem really shows up if the battery is weak.  If you
are still running your cars' original alternator, then the battery
is probably weak even after driving for a long time.
Just a thought.

Jim

click here