Re: [DMCForum] (ATTN: Martin G) Repair Advice Already Ceded...

Re: [DMCForum] (ATTN: Martin G) Repair Advice Already Ceded...

I can remember that post, but when it comes to the DeLorean, I do prefer
to leave things alone if they work fine - like the fuel tank baffle,
though I understand those who try all sorts of solutions only to finally
end up at the original design because it's the best one (and I do mean
better than hervey's or indeed your tuna tin (which BTW was nick-named
"baked-bean Zilla" by a DeLorean owner over here over two years ago when
he tried the exact same thing, but with a baked-bean tin)).

You rattled off a great long list of "flaws" with the DeLorean but
forgetting that you're looking at it in 2004, not in 1979-80 when it was
designed. And as someone who has engineered machines from the ground up,
you could take a 30 second look at our combat robot and pick out "flaws"
in its design, but I'm here to tell you now that there are good, sound
reasons for every single one of them. It's VERY easy to look at a
machine and say "I see how that's done" but what you don't see are the
hundreds of ways that were tried prior to that design being settled on.
This is my position on the TAB (sorry Walt) - I maintain there must've
been a reason for doing it in that apprently poor way. Not always
because of engineering superiority - often due to cost, time to
make/assemble, availability of parts, ease of putting in production
quickly etc. But it all served to create the car we know and love.

Oh, and on a personal note, will you PLEASE stop referring to everything
as "JZD's" ? JZD DIDN'T design the car, nor did he write the manual, nor
a hundred and one other things you regularly attribute directly to the
man himself. He had a dream. This dream had a list of features he
wanted, but that's where his involvement ended with the actual
engineering. And he sure as hell didn't write the manual as you
suggested in a very recent post.

My point about the bible was not a dig and not meant to be insulting,
but I figure you must have had discussions over various interpretations
of the bible. I believe its down to your ability to misinterpret
technical information both in manuals and on the mailing lists that
cause all these arguments. I was trying to put my point into a
perspective that you'd understand. You/I failed yet again.

Martin

content22207 wrote:

> I've already ceded repair advice to your eminence, so what's the
> controversy?

click here