Re: [DMCForum] Walt, give us updates on the storm

Walter Coe wrote:

>  145mph winds and a 10 to 18' storm surge.  I
>hope his rollerblades have brakes.

I couldn't find the sail I made a couple years ago...  But I did go out
a couple times to pick up things that were starting to fly around the
yard.  Not the smartest thing as I got blown over once, and jumped
against the house as a large pine tree branch started to break, but the
damage to our house or a neighbor's would have been worse.

>But it was kinda freaky driving home.  Businesses are
>closed.  There is almost no traffic out.  Parking lots are
>empty.

If you want to see freaky you need to drive 75 south through Charrlot
county.  It goes from nothing out of place to a few misplaced trees to
total devistation in less than 1 mile.  We drove past one of the trailer
parks and saw a couple un-touched trailers among rubble.

Andrei

click here