[DMCForum] Re: Do Fuel Accumulators just Die overnight?? I'm confused he

[DMCForum] Re: Do Fuel Accumulators just Die overnight?? I'm confused here..

Joe,

I had wondered before if the cold start valve had something
to do with it.  But I couldn't second guess which way it
would fail that would cause a warm start problem.  If the
thermo time switch failed in such a way that the cold start
valve always delivered fuel during cranking, then maybe a
warm engine that doesn't need the shot of fuel now gets
flooded.

OR

The engine is cold enough that it needs a shot from the cold
start valve and the thermo time switch isn't letting it
happen.

Once it does start then it runs rough for about half a
minute and only stumbles when I give it throttle.  If it
were a problem associated with the cold start valve or
thermo time switch, how would I know the difference between
flooding or trying to start too lean?  Anyone have a clue?

I suppose the next thing to try is to take continuity
measurements to see what the thermo time switch is doing.
But at present the car has no working alternator, and I need
to do something about that first.

Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here