[DMCForum] announcemt

<clink clink>  I have an announcement to make :))

<tap tap> is this thing on?

I just drove 10440 home <sounds of joy>!!!!!!!

The two basics that needed attention are fixed

(1) it didn't overheat

(2) it slides into first like <insert noun of choice> slathered with
vaseline.  Turns out the lower rubber boot was "squished" into the
linkage and a cable was loose.

Beyond that, it purrs like it always did, and looks great.  Someone at
the garage decided to shampoo the carpets and clean the exterior
for me - thanks!!.  They also r/r'd the rear plate that holds the
taillights, repainted it, and replaced all the missing screws as well
as re-mounting the loose (read that as unbolted) bottom trim.  These
guys were awesome - they wanted to return it to me looking as good
as it sounds.

Some of what was done in the last 2 1/2 months:

-  replaced all the hoses (thanks, John for all your help!!!!)
- replaced water pump
- installed John's fan fix to replace Sean's funky switch
-  re-cored radiator
-  rebuilt alternator
- fabricated replacement for broken xmission mount
- replaced fuel sending unit (turns out my guage is broken)
- remounted loose idle-speed control
- "tidy-up" rigged wiring
- charged A/C with Fr12

I still need to address the seats, dash and binnacle, and in good
time I will.  For now the only real other problem I have is that the
driver's window wants to fall off the track.

I'll make this part one of two, so more to come -------------------------->

click here