[DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

[DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

I don't understand why your knickers are all in a twist:

I stated that 038 Series CPR is internally (and externally -- no delay
valve or switched vacuum) simpler than 066 Series. Final counter
pressure is almost identical, however, so there's no reason not to
substitute it for its more complicated import cousin.

Walt disagreed, and asked me if I'd ever done such on an otherwise
stock engine (I have).

Then you entered the fray.

Are you disagreeing that 038 Series CPR max's out at almost same
counter pressure as 066 Series? Are you disagreeing that 038 Series
has an enrichment mechanism that responds to throttle plate activity,
or that this enrichment mechanism is much simpler than 066 Series? Are
you disagreeing that 038 Series can be retrofitted on an otherwise
stock DeLorean engine?

If not, what is the controversy?

Bill Robertson

<martin@xxxx> wrote:
> Bill, what planet are you on? Do you ever actually read my e-mails
> properly? I KNOW the full throttle microswitch has nothing to do with
> the CPR. I KNOW the 038 comes form a no-lambda system. For pity's sake
> man, I work with DeLoreasn every day and have done more hours engine
> work on DeLoreans than you've had hot dinners (well, almost).
>
> I was trying to make a distinction between WOT and something that
varies
> with the position of the throttle.
>
> I don't need proof, for once, what you've written is 100% accurate
>
> ...oh, except that you said "full throttle advance" on the CPR - which
> is still nonsense in every way.
>
> Martin
>
> content22207 wrote:
> > Full throttle microswitch has absolutely nothing to do with the CPR,
> > which as you recall is where this current thread took off (you
> > complained about me calling the vacuum attachment on a 038 Series CPR
> > "full throttle enrichment").
> >
> > 1981 E series Volvo had no full throttle microswitch (because it had
> > no Lambda -- duh). Fuel enrichment was provided by simple vacuum drop
> > on the CPR. I'll get someone to scan pertinent factory manual pages if
> > you need further proof.
> >
> > Bill Robertson

click here