Re: [DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

Re: [DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

Bill, I am not arguing with most of what you say, only the way you say
it - making little or no sense, or more importantly confusing terms like
"advance at full throttle" when "advance" is a term applied to ignition
timing, and the behaviour is not solely limited to WOT.

I know what you mean, but I'm trying to point out that you present it badly.

Martin

content22207 wrote:
> I don't understand why your knickers are all in a twist:
>
> I stated that 038 Series CPR is internally (and externally -- no delay
> valve or switched vacuum) simpler than 066 Series. Final counter
> pressure is almost identical, however, so there's no reason not to
> substitute it for its more complicated import cousin.
>
> Walt disagreed, and asked me if I'd ever done such on an otherwise
> stock engine (I have).
>
> Then you entered the fray.
>
> Are you disagreeing that 038 Series CPR max's out at almost same
> counter pressure as 066 Series? Are you disagreeing that 038 Series
> has an enrichment mechanism that responds to throttle plate activity,
> or that this enrichment mechanism is much simpler than 066 Series? Are
> you disagreeing that 038 Series can be retrofitted on an otherwise
> stock DeLorean engine?
>
> If not, what is the controversy?
>
> Bill Robertson

click here