Re: [DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

Re: [DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

> Walt disagreed, and asked me if I'd ever done such on an
otherwise
stock engine (I have).

So Bill, are you saying that I can replace my 066 Series
with an 038 without doing any other modifications?  That is
what it sounded like you were saying.  But Martin is saying
that it requires disabling the Lambda system.  So my beef is
that if you are going to suggest doing something so radical
then you should provide all the details.  Don't just say
that you can install an 038 in place of an 066 and assume it
to be a no-brainer that everyone has already hacked up the
rest of their emissions.  When I give advice online, it is
either about stuff that I have hands-on experience with or I
disclose the fact that I haven't tried it myself and I could
be wrong.  And then I could be wrong anyway.  I take pride
in my humility. ;-)

I'm not positive, but I think I already have an 038 CPR that
came with a junk frame & engine that was left of a parts
car.  The fuel injectors are not stock either.  I'll go take
a look and see what I got.
I figured that all the wrong parts contributed to the car
being parted out because they couldn't make it run that way.

Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here