[DMCForum] Re: "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan@xxxx> wrote:
> I've gotten mailed recalls for my Polaris too. Never my Ram. I
> wouldn't put it past Dodge to have "lost" my address. Regardless of
> the mail, the solution was usually to replace the faulty part with
> the same faulty part. This is SOP for most of the repairs I've had
> done too. Probably explains why they keep happening (but this is
> getting back to an old thread).

Ahh, that explains it: You have a Dodge. That's your problem. Everyone
knows they are pieces of crap. Every Grand Caravan I see on the road -
even the brand new ones - is blowing blue smoke. You couldn't pay me
to drive a Dodge.

> Incidentally, the day(s) we were having the Chrysler bashing thread,
> a co-worker of mine had me follow him down to the dealer to drop off
> his Grand Cherokee. The driver side power window broke and the
> fault behavior was for the window to slowly recede into the door and
> stay down. He got it fixed that day. The next day we went to
> lunch. Upon returning to the car, I sat down a closed the passenger
> door and the passenger window did the same thing. Another trip to
> the dealer. His car is less that 2 years old.

You know, this isn't isolated to Chrysler. Not to defend a relatively
poor brand that I don't like anyway, but just because it's an import
doesn't make it immune. The early New Beetles had the same problem. My
'99 had the driver's side window stuck in the down position twice,
and my passenger's side window did it once as well. Volkswagen
replaced both window motors with newer parts once they fixed the
problem in 2000, but it wasn't on a recall - I had to wait for them to
die and get it fixed under warranty. Also, the solenoid for my gas cap
died and I couldn't put gas in the car. That was a fun one - happened
24 hours before a big road trip.

-Ryan

click here