[DMCForum] RE: "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

[DMCForum] RE: "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

Let me try again.  I'm tired and my finger missing tard hand is
killing me.  I won't even try to explain what I did to the subject
line on the last email.

With corrections:

I've gotten mailed recalls for my Polaris too. Never my Ram. I
wouldn't put it past Dodge to have "lost" my address. Regardless of
the mail, the solution was usually to replace the faulty part with
the same faulty part. This is SOP for most of the repairs I've had
done too. Probably explains why they keep happening (but this is
getting back to an old thread).

Honda is replacing the transmission with a new one that has an oil
jet for better lubrication. They are also fixing a problem which if
left alone would probably not arise until after the warranty was
up. They did a similar thing on my Accord. There were complaints
that the transmission would make loud thunks when shifting from
reverse to d1. Honda could find no design flaw but they extended
the warranty on the transmission on that model for 10 more years.

Incidentally, the day(s) we were having the Chrysler bashing thread,
a co-worker of mine had me follow him down to the dealer to drop off
his Grand Cherokee. The driver side power window broke and the
fault behavior was for the window to slowly recede into the door and
stay down. He got it fixed that day. The next day we went to
lunch. Upon returning to the car, I sat down a closed the passenger
door and the passenger window did the same thing. Another trip to
the dealer. His car is less that 2 years old.

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > That's funny, every Chrysler I have owned that has had recalls
> were in the
> > form of a letter.  I have never been surprised at a maintenance
> visit to
> > find a recall I didn't know about.  Heck even my Sea Doo's have
> had written
> > recalls.
> >
> > Jack Stiefel
> > www.fmtimemachine.com