[DMCForum] Re: Sean who?

Sounds like as far as the Sean Corbett purchases go, you go off with
the best situation, not like the poeple missing transmissions, and
bad engines etc.

That was kinda funny he left lawsuit papers about his illegal
Delorean business IN a Delorean he just sold someone. What a way to
scare someone!

About the hard shifting, ask you mechanic if the shifter pivot bolt
has been replaced with a newer harder one, or still has the
origonal. If not, mail one of John's to him and have that done while
it is there. But if you half to LIFT the whole unit to shift it may
be a bit more there, like a mount damaged or broken?

Also as a time perspective, I dropped my car off in late October
2003 and picked it up in April 2004. I wasn't in a hurry and Dave
had inside storage for it the whole time so it all worked out great.
Not sure how long your guy has had your car for though. Wish you all
the best of luck getting it up to snuff again. The cars that
aren't "perfect" are more fun to drive, as you aren't so afraid to
drive them for the fear that something will happen to them.

As long as your interior isn't physically damaged or ripped majorly
you can simply redye it the respective grey or black it is supposed
to be. I saw some cars that I had seen previously with ratty
interiors who had dyed theirs within the last year, and it looked
fantastic compared to the costs of new parts. I almost wouldn't have
known if I had not previously seen the car.

If I buy a 3rd D ever, and it has a worn interior I will definetally
go for a custom color, like the saddle brown leather color,
something between the gold Delorean interior & the brown prototype
pieces. I've had my car completely apart in the interior a few
times, so it wouldn't be tough to redye one and reassemble it. And
if my interiors weren't perfect I'd do just that.

And since you live in Arizona you might want to reconsider the AC
situation, unless you REEEEEALY like the heat. The windflow from
those windows isn't so hot, but it is nice on cool nights, aka when
the AC isn't needed.

Glad to hear most of the car is functional and working though, and
it is nice to know an actual female Delorean owner, not many own
Deloreans, usually they just ride along :-)

Best of luck driving it again,

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lauren" <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:

>  > I had every cooling hose replaced, water pump changed, all new
> > heater hoses, complete ac service, installation of new TABs,
shifter
> > pivot bolt, all rubber vacuum hoses replaced, new idle speed
motor
> > installed, complete AC service with R-12 and a complete tune up
for
> > about $1,300 last year.
>
> Thanks, Joe.  That gives me perfect perspective.  I, too, supplied
all
> the parts including service manuals, past service receipts and
John
> Hervey's phone number.  When I brought 10440 to Keith (aka "Mo"
> for molasses) I  had no idea what work it would need when he
> started digging into it, but I'd love to take advantage of someone
> else's experience when it comes time to get the bill.
>
> > If you ever get a chance to get to Dave
> > Bauerle's in Ohio
>
> If my D can drive to Ohio, I'll be thrilled.  LOL, I'm in
Arizona.  But
> great that you have a reliable and trustworthy mechanic.  I'm
hoping
> Keith proves to be the same.  He's a great guy and always has an
> impressive collection of Mercedes that he's working on.  He's been
> around forever and seems to be very methodical in this project
that I
> kind of dumped on him.
>
> > Oh and you mentioned "when you get it back" about your car. I
take it
> > it is out for work or repairs?
>
> Yes.  I drove it home from Phoenix when I bought it - about 120
> miles - and wanted to deal with the cooling issues before I drove
it
> in the AZ heat.  It had overheating problems, which I knew when I
> bought the car, and anticipated replacing all the hoses.   It also
has
> a problem shifting into 1st and 2nd, which makes it hard to drive -

> and embarassing when I can't get going in gear.  Keith has had it
for
> two months and is now jamming on it to get it done.  I'm sure he'd
> like the space back.
>
> >WHat kind of major repairs were needed
>
> that's it.  The cooling system is the biggie, the shifting issue
is a
> problem and the A/C doesn't  work, which isn't a biggie to me.
The
> rest of the car seems very sound.  I drove it home at about 90
(the
> speedometer seems a little off <GG>) and it purred all the way.  I
> actually had to hold it back.
>
> >  a car from Sean Corbett? I always thought he sold Deloreans that
> > were near junk and advertised them as mint, and that is where the
> > whole problem stemmed from. How was the car you got from him?
>
> Maybe I'm ahead of the game because I live so close to Sean.  I
> didn't buy it sight unseen on EBAY.  I went up there and looked at
> and under the car, drove it and decided it was a decent car.  The
> interior is pretty sad, but that was one of my criteria.  I
couldn't
> afford a perfect car and was willing to compromise the interior in
> favor of a car with no rust and a solid engine.  I'm sure when I
start
> driving it I'll find more issues that need to be resolved, but my
> impression so far is that it's in pretty good shape.  It has
absolutely
> no rust on the frame (gotta love Arizona and SoCal!),  the crumple-
> tube bracket upgrade,  double-nutted sway bar (thanks to Daniel
for
> showing me where to look for those), and a stainless reservoir
> upgrade.    I have receipts from Garden Grove from the PO who had
> recently replaced the clutch master and did some more work that I
> can't remember offhand.
>
> Funny - when I went to Phx to look at the car I had no clue about
> Sean's story.  But he inadvertantly left the lawsuit papers on the
car
> so I started reading.  Apparently this was his daily-driver car
that
> the Sherff's dept was making him sell to pay restitution to the
> people he cheated.  He did seem to baby it and do his best to keep
it
> in good shape, within the constraints of his budget and
knowledge.
> I have a photo somewhere of the plumbing elbow stamped Thailand
> that he incorporated into the cooling system.  FWIW, it's
hilarious