Re: [DMCForum] Re: Sean who?

Hey Joe --

> Sounds like as far as the Sean Corbett purchases go, you go off with
> the best situation, not like the poeple missing transmissions, and bad
> engines etc.

apparently I was the lucky one!  Sean does have a passion for D's
and really wanted to keep this one for himself.  Unfortunately for
him, he had to sell off all his assets and 10440 had to go!  AFAIK, I
drove it home with a xmission and engine <GG>

> That was kinda funny he left lawsuit papers about his illegal
> Delorean business IN a Delorean he just sold someone. What a way to
> scare someone!

It was totally funny in retrospect.  Remember I had no clue about
any of Sean's dealings and problems - only knew ThinkStainless as a
listmem -  so I went up to Phx to see the car totally uaware.  When I
paid him he insisted on raving off to the bank to see if my cashier's
check was good.  This sent up a red flag to me -- only someone with
a scamming mind would think to do that.  But while he was gone he
left a reprint tech manual and some papers on the hood of the car so
I started looking through them out of sheer annoyance at being kept
waiting before I could get on the road back home.  I was reading
thru the lawsuit when he came back -- horrified!!!!  He grabbed it
from me and told me it was none of my business.  I wish I'd just
pocketed it and waited til later to read it, but that seemed so wrong
at the time.  I never did get to finish it!

> About the hard shifting, ask you mechanic if the shifter pivot bolt
> has been replaced with a newer harder one, or still has the origonal.

I will suggest that to him - thanks.  Only thing we looked at was the
safety pin that allows shifting into reverse at someone's suggestion,
but it looked tight and strong.

> If not, mail one of John's to him and have that done while it is
> there. But if you half to LIFT the whole unit to shift it may be a bit
> more there, like a mount damaged or broken?

That's more what it feels like to me.  The lifting isn't the same as
getting into reverse, it's more a feeling of lifting the entire linkage.  I
notice it only if I drive the car - at standstill I can run through the
gears pretty easily.   Is that a clue?

> Also as a time perspective, I dropped my car off in late October 2003
> and picked it up in April 2004. I wasn't in a hurry and Dave had
> inside storage for it the whole time so it all worked out great. Not
> sure how long your guy has had your car for though.

Mine's been there since May 17th, so I'm not doing too badly.  He's
going to school on a lot of it even tho he has worked on D's in the
past.  I'm anxious to get it back, of course, but not in a hurry.  He
garages it for me so monsoon rain won't swamp it.  I'm having some
major construction done on my house and my garage has turned into
a storage area for the contractor, so I'd have to leave the D outside.
Right now I couldn't even pull it inside my fence, so I'd almost prefer
that Keith have it a while longer -- but I want to drive it!!!!!

> Wish you all the
> best of luck getting it up to snuff again. The cars that aren't
> "perfect" are more fun to drive, as you aren't so afraid to drive them
> for the fear that something will happen to them.

Thanks.  That;s exactly why I wanted one with a less-than-perfect
interior (be careful what you wish for - mine's trashed).  Tucson
traffic is insane --this time of year one drop of rain is a signal for
demolition derby on the streets.  I'd be terrified to own a concours
car.

> As long as your interior isn't physically damaged or ripped majorly
> you can simply redye

it's way beyond dye.  Seats are ripped, carpet is filthy, dash is
cracked, binnacle is sad.  But once it's up and running doing the
interior will be the fun part for me.  I want to keep it as original as
possible and at some point will get some NOS seat leather and
replace the dash.  Then lots of little parts.  But that could be several
years down the road and a very gradual process.   Right now I'd
rather not have to worry about damage from the AZ sun on a perfect
interior.

> If I buy a 3rd D ever, and it has a worn interior I will definetally > go for a custom color

now my wheels are turning .... elegant maroon and grey would be
awesome.  I have a great guy here in town who does auto seats.
Hmmmmm......

> since you live in Arizona you might want to reconsider the AC > situation, unless you REEEEEALY like the heat.

I don't  mind the heat altho this time of year when it's humid (by our
standards) A/C would be a treat, especially in a car that low to the
ground.

> nice to know an actual female Delorean owner

There's another in town.  She and her late husband bought the car
new and she just got it back on the road thanks to the AZ-D's.

Someday I hope to  be  a Delorean driver and not just owner ;)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a
Man Woman
seeking a