RE: [DMCForum] Re: God Squad

Well, -- context or lack thereof -- was part of my point, um whoever
you are. (Psst -- sign your emails! heh heh) Anybody can take anything
from any book and use it to their advantage (the story of Gideon for
example). Since you asked, I have a KJV, a NRSV, and the one given to
me by my church when I was baptised -- not sure what version it is but
it's called the "Good News Bible". When I'm at home I consult a book
my late grandmother wrote which traces certain characters in the Bible
from beginning to end, kind of cool actually but it's never been
published. She used the KJV for all of her references and quotations.
As far as the quotations, I called up one of the online versions and
searched for certain keywords. My point was that you can take any
reading you want from various portions of any holy book and use it to
justify anything -- it is therefore best just to simply act on your
own judgement and sense of morality. At least, that's how I make my
decisions -- determine if something I do will have a positive or
negative outcome for me, and then see how it would affect those around
me. If it would harm somebody, I choose not to do it. I think people
take religion and religious writings far too seriously. Case in point:
this thread refuses to die. LOL

Have a good day, and quit lurking all the time so we can learn your
name. :P

--Farrar