[DMCForum] Re: difference between fuel senders

[DMCForum] Re: difference between fuel senders

> > The BMW part will be installed along with
> the low-water switch.
>
> Excellent idea Elvis.  I didn't know there was such
> available.  I've been considering ways to put my own in
> there.  My main concern with your idea is if the DeLorean
> will keep the coolant level at a range that the BMW sensor
> likes.

Well - The filler cap is rated 1.2Bar - which is about 17PSI. I think
that's all you need to know for the coolant level - or am I wrong ?
And still if it doesn't fit I am sure I can modify it.
I tink it should be ok as there are many Delos on the raod here with
those bottles. Check your email I will send you a pciture of it.

>(Talking like Ahnold wearing the fat lady costume in Total Recall.)
yeah, strange, here on TV he speaks perfect german. In the movies.
Live he speaks a very bad austrian accent ;-)

> Bob & I were discussing his future Zilla for the courtesy light
> delay glitch.  I suggested
> having the module with a fused pig-tail lead to get power
> from one of the circuit breakers.  He hissed at me with the
> sign of the cross saying he is engineering a way around
> that.  This tells me he likes to go to a lot of extra work
> to make things simple. :-)

hm, courtesy delay light module...don't remind me of that ;-)
But the pig tail idea isn't that bad. I invented someting new that
will be connected to the white relay - did you ever have the problem
that somebody sat in your car and instead of opening the door by the
lever he locked - unlocked - locked - unlocked the doors while one
door was still open ? I have friend who's expert in doing this. I
mean I can't blame him - this is a design flaw that one shouldn't
lock the doors while they're open.

The trick is very easy. I install a diode and resistor into the
module and connect it via an extra wire with the white relay - done.
I did this last week on a budys car along with a remote lock system
installation. For him it is plug and play now.
And this remote unit only costs about 70$ at the moment...with a nice
key-sender unit like they have in modern cars now.

Elvis & 6548...heads off

click here