To:   "fivetwofive" <cbl302@xxxx>
From:  David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun Mar 14, 2004  11:33 pm
Subject:   Re: Deloreans on Ebay
        I normally don't post on the Forum but I was told there was a
thread
here involving me. I was one of the volunteers to help Rob move all
the parts he purchased from Claude. If I knew what I was getting
myself into I might have reconsidered. It was the coldest week of the
year, it was around 5 degrees outside (and I think even colder
inside!). In the garage we ran a kerosene heater so it was a choice
between standing next to it or going up in the loft and getting dizzy
from the fumes. In all honesty the basement of his house was warm but
there was so much sh-t to move it was hard just to find the parts.
Parts he had that were "mint" were banged up. Of all the parts we
found there was precious few NEW parts. There were many parts we found
that he flat out forgot about. It was mind-numbingly cold. We worked
straight though with just 2 short breaks for food. I wound up working
and being awake and driving (in a blizzard!) for 23 hours straight!
Going in and out of his garage (indoor junkyard) was an experience as
the driveway was all ice. The ladder to his "loft" was broken so we
had to pass parts down so as not to climb the ladder. I remember
Claude did "watch us like a hawk" helping and carrying parts. In all
fairness he didn't have to do anything but open the door yet he did
help move parts. He had parts scattered all over the 3 story garage
and his basement and his garage at his home and the loft above the
garage. We had to move many things just to get to the Delorean parts.
It is a small miracle no one got hurt falling on the ice, tripping on
parts, falling off the ladder etc. Before selling anything the seller
usually makes the items easily available for the buyer to see and
inspect. In this case Rob could never have seen what he was really
buying or it's condition. In my mind Claude has lost any credability
he had by the way he treated us and how he sold the parts. After we
got all the parts into the trailer we got the cars ready to have the
tower pick up the next day and then he sprang on Rob not to come back
for 2 weeks because he, Claude, was going to Florida! This is after
Rob gave him most of the money! Than he wanted things back like a
broken plastic laundry basket that we found parts in so we took it
basket and all! He wanted a Vega tire back that was on one of the cars
so it would roll. There were many other things he claimed were taken
and in all fairness I can't say with any certanty what happened
because we got so tired and it was dark we were just grabbing boxes
that had Delorean parts in them (and anything else that might have
been in with them). If Claude was so concerned about things than in my
mind he would have separated the Delorean parts so we wouldn't have
to. We did move things around but there was no way to get to all the
parts he stacked up without moving things out of our way. In any case
Claude should have better prepared because if any of us got hurt he
would have been responsible having "invited" us onto his property.
This was basically an indoor junkyard with no isles and parts strewn
everywhere (not just Delorean). I will be preparing an article about
this "treasure hunt" to Conneticut for Ken K's magazine. We took some
pictures and I hope all of the other volunteers will contribute to it
also. I have left out many details to protect the innocent. I know
Claude will respond to this post but IMHO his protests are without ANY
merit. I wish him well but he has no business even being on this or
any other forum about Deloreans. As far as I am concerned he is just a
junkman that happened to collect Deloreans and parts of Deloreans.
>From the examples of the workmanship that I saw I have to wonder what
the shape of ANY car that passed through his hands looks like. BTW
Claude's definition of a "fleet of cars" is 5 Deloreans in varying
states of dismemberment from not quite a rolling frame to a fiberglass
body to others with the panels just laying on the car and nothing
bolted. Not one was complete or running.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fivetwofive" <cbl302@xxxx> wrote:
> That might be me.I had a "fleet" of Deloreans for sale on Ebay back
> in December.I sold them off. He is a ,Nice Guy,but EASILY pissed
off
> if he doesn't GET his way!!I had "problems" with the guys he had
sent
> down to get the cars and parts,in the fact, that ONE of them was
> a "Clepto" And took things that should NOT have been taken(like a
> starter pistol)What the hell is up with that?And other stuff,(that
> they KNEW did not go with the cars)in other words if strangers come
> to your house to pick up items watch them like a HAWK!!

click here