themselves. An autopsy is only way to tell. Mercifully pump & pickup
are among easiest things to access on these cars.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Walt,
> I don't think it's the hot weather. My has been buzzing in
temperatures from 75
> to 20 degrees. My buddies fuel pump began to buzz and a week later
it was dead.
> Mine has been going for over 3 months buzzing randomly (yeah I can
spell) and
> stopping from time to time. At first I thought it was a bad pickup
line but
> Hervey's "straight down-deal-E-O" (tech term) didn't stop the
buzz'n. I guess my
> pump is die'n a sloooowww death. I know it gets hot in the tank from
the coolant
> lines just below but only a few thousand miles on yours and it's
buzz'n, that's
> weird to me.
>
> Shannon Y
> 16506
>
> --------------
>

> Message: 18
>    Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:16:02 -0500
>    From: "Walter Coe" < Whalt@xxxx >
> Subject: Re: So
>
> Marc,
>
> About the noisy fuel pump, maybe it is a hot weather thing.
> Or maybe mine is going bad.  It only has a few thousand
> miles on it.  I have the PJ Grady bullet proof fuel suction
> hose on it with a custom pickup screen that shouldn't be
> causing any problems.  I put a screen door spring in the
> pickup hose thinking that would help (in case it was
> collapsing).  I since found out that was a bad idea, but
> haven't taken the spring out yet.  I need to have a
> thermometer in the car so I can test the fuel temp the next
> time it gets that hot again.
>
> Walt

> Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
> http://companion.yahoo.com/

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cd1isfs/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070399296/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=792851936>