Re: [DMCForum] 1st test drive lastnight - problem occurred

Re: [DMCForum] 1st test drive lastnight - problem occurred

> When refilling the transmission fluid, what is the "proper
level"?

I've done it before, and I don't remember off hand what the
proper amount is.  I read on the DML what it was at the time
and found that whatever they said was about 2 quarts too
low.  But I had my pan off for about 3 weeks, and it kept
dripping the whole time.  I also cranked it a little which
helped more of the old fluid drain out.  If you can measure
what you drained out, use this as a guideline on what to put
back in.

Once you add a little through the dip stick tube then it
coats the inside of the tube making measuring with the
dipstick useless until you give it enough time to drain.  It
is really important not to overfill it.  Oh BTW, through the
dipstick tube is where you are supposed to fill it.

> Could you give me the proper adjustment instructions?

I don't have the manuals handy to look right now.  If no one
else volunteers then I'll type something up.  Basically you
need someone in the car to floor the accelerator pedal.
Then you adjust the linkage at the CG so that there is just
a tiny speck of slack.  The crux of the matter is that the
cable should never pull the bell crank taught.  Knowing
that, you probably don't need to see the manual.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ct43sd8/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069975209/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=245724753>