Re: [DMCForum] 1st test drive lastnight - problem occurred

Re: [DMCForum] 1st test drive lastnight - problem occurred

Question.  When refilling the transmission fluid, what is the "proper
level"?  I don't have the figure for how much transmission fluid should be
put back in.  If you could tell me that would be great!  A;sp, if you have
the workshop manual, go to page G:06:04 , last step of reinstalling the
computer governor.  It says "Adjust the computer control cable (see
maintenance and adjustment section for procedure)."  Could you give me the
proper adjustment instructions?  I don't have those either.  Thanks!!

Jeremiah

Eric Itzel <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Jeremiah

I just sent a reply to the DML about your problem, and a couple things I
forgot to mention.

You might want to check your automatic transmission fuse in the fusebox,
I should think if that blew you wouldn't get any decision-making
capability from the computer.

If you want to/need to service your governor, here's a few suggestions.
I just did this a week ago, so it's still fresh in my head. First of
all- I highly recommend buying the service manuals- they come in handy
for all things DeLorean. Also, unless anyone else found a better way, be
prepared to drain the transmission and drop the pan when the computer is
removed- one of the connectors (the one going to the soleniods, if I'm
not mistaken) has to be undone from the inside. Be sure to have a new
seal on hand for replacement. It's available through all the D vendors.
If you're doing this job yourself, be sure to torque it to the specified
torque settings only, 2-3 ft/lbs. I'm on my second seal already after
learning that lesson the hard way. Another problem that I found in my
computer harness was a lot of melted wires. Be sure to check the wires
and repair if necessary. When I reinstalled the governor I routed the
cables a little further from the exhaust to avoid that problem.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Eric Itzel
vin 4433